Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Yay Olympics!

I love the Olympics. Last night I was at the gym and asked the guy at the counter to turn from MTV (which you can watch every day) to a channel that was showing the Olympics. I had the BEST workout I've had in a long time! The Olympics are just so motivating because most of the athletes there aren't professionals. It makes me somehow think that maybe I could get there some day if I just worked hard enough. That's a pleasant thought.

Unfortunately I won't actually be going to Torino this coming weekend as reported in an earlier post. I had told the girl who was organizing the trip that if the prices went up, I probably wouldn't be able to afford the trip. So when they finally got around to booking stuff, the price of the hockey ticket had risen from $40 to $80 (but apparently nothing else had gone up) and so the organizer didn't bother to inform me. Makes me think I better watch what I say around her in the future, since it seems she takes what I say quite literally! I was extremely disappointed on Monday when I found out they were indeed going (I just thought they hadn't gotten it together in time to actually go) and looked around to see if I could still get a ticket to the hockey game, but they were over $200, which really is out of my budget. *Sigh* Next time.

The review of my trip to England will be coming shortly...I've been really busy at school (I have to actually prepare lessons--how unfair!) and just haven't had time. I'll put up a picture though to get you interested.

3 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a real bummer that you won't be going to Torino!! At least I don't have to be jealous now. I've been watching the Olympics all week. I haven't really watched them since high school and it's been fun to watch. Can't wait to hear the details of the trip.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Emm said...

That sucks, it sounded like a great experience
I have yet to catch a night of the olympics :(

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww....Torino looks all kinds of awesome on TV.

My new dream is to go to the olympics. 2008 beijiang. want to cross another country off your list? I can't help but be wishin' and hopin' and prayin' that I have a well paying job by then. :)

It's in the works. Montessori training is going well.

have fun anyhow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home