Cinderella's Ball
I'm going to a ball! On Saturday night! How exciting!
The Austrians take "Ball Season" quite seriously, which runs essentially from December until the end of Carnival (effectively Ash Wednesday). The season's biggest ball is the Opernball at the Opera, which is nationally televised. I'm going to a ball put on by Jay's school, so it isn't as big of a deal as the Opernball of course, but it is still a big deal to the students. I'm really looking forward to it actually. I stood in my room less than a week ago, looking at my prom dress, trying to decide if I should bring it along in the event I went to a ball. I decided, sadly, to leave it at home. Oh well! So I'm wearing a dress that was easier to pack.
Today I recorded five or six minutes worth of me talking for a couple of teachers. It is strange to hear your own recorded voice played back to you! They are going to use it as a listening exercise for their students' final exams in May, but before they can use it they have to send it to the Ministery of Education and have it approved. I hope I pass the ministry's strict test.
Pictures coming tonight--I took some lovely ones on Wednesday and want to share my beautiful city with you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home