Friday, January 13, 2006

The Imperial City






Wednesday was a beautiful Austrian winter day. The sky was bright and clear; the sun was shining. After having lunch with Christopher at the Museumsquartier, I walked down to Bobby's to buy Crisco (got a three pound jar--gonna have to make a LOT of pie to use that up!) and snapped a few pictures of Vienna's eternal beauty. There's a photo of a random building in the fourth district on the way to Kettenbrueckengasse, then of the Wagner Apartments on the Linke Wienzeile (Art Nouveau at its most fabulous), then of the Karlskirche and the Seccession building (golden dome) by Karlsplatz. It's easy to understand why I walk around here in awe most of the time, isn't it?

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm not surprised that you walk around awestruck. I walked around Gieb in amazement at the architecture not only of the Rathaus and the castle but even the small houses and shops that lined the streets. I can't imagine living in a city like Vienna without being dumbfounded by it's beauty. Keep that camera going so we can see more!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I will bud, thanks for the comment. You'll get to see it yourself shortly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home