Thursday, January 18, 2007

Rebound

Ok, so Wednesday was better on most levels, save the roughly 45 minutes where I essentially lost my vision to another opthalmic migraine (am I going to get these regularly now? That's not something to look forward to). In any case, life wasn't so boring and routine because a dear college friend I hadn't seen since August 2004 came into town for work. Tony and I met up for dinner last night and enjoyed cheese fondue and good conversation at La Bonne Soupe. Afterward I walked him back across town to his employer's apartment and enoyed an excellent view of the Chrysler Building from the 58th floor roof deck. It was so close I could have practically reached out and touched it! A little self-portrait for you to enjoy:

I got home around 11:30 and attempted to sleep, which was obviously foiled by the cappucino I drank with my dessert at the restaurant. Grrrr. When did coffee start affecting my ability to sleep? This is the second time in six months that this has happened to me and I think I'm really going to have to switch to decaf after 5 PM. Anyway, I laid in bed until 1:30 AM and decided to get up and do something productive with my time, which I decided was reading Kant's essay on Enlightenment in German, which is my first assignment for the German literature course I started yesterday. The professor wasn't kidding when she said we were starting with a hard text! The language wasn't that hard, although I definitely spent some quality time with my dictionary; it was the writing style and constant references to God knows what in the previous sentences. I think "of which" and "for whom" were Kant's favorite phrases.

The remainder of the week was uneventful. Last night I went over to Claudia's and we watched a movie and ate oil-popped popcorn and guacamole. Yum! For the most part I'm doing the same old boring stuff, but it seems a little less boring at the end of the week. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home