Christmas Cheer...
Was not found at the Business School holiday party! A man in the food line in front of my colleagues and I was greatly offended when we cheered for our co-worker, who was recongnized for 25 years of service to the university, and picked a fight. A grown man! He works directly for the Dean of the school and apparently has some clout, which makes the whole thing a lot more complicated, as my colleague lost her temper and may have pulled out the f-word. *sigh* He spent the rest of the party trying to figure out her name and obviously succeeded, because she received an email from him saying she should call regarding their "conversation" at the party.
Why are we (humans) like this? Why is it so hard for us to let things go, to remain calm, to not jump all over each other? I am definitely guilty of my fair share of rudeness and throat jumping, but I never feel better for having done them.
Next year we'll stay in and order pizza instead.

1 Comments:
Why was he threatened by you cheering for your buddy. Is he feeling like I did the same 'time' and no one cheers for me? My guess is that if enough standup with your friend he will back down or get everyone fired. Then you can all sue for sexual haressment because my guess is your friend is a women and he obviously has a problem with that.
Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home