Recent observations
Monday morning I dragged my butt to the gym at 6:30 AM to go to the Pilates Mat class that I like. While cramming my stuff into a locker, I happened to observe the Pilates instructor, Tana, touching up her make-up just minutes prior to class. I have been annoyed with women who wear make-up to work out since my early work-out days in middle school. I just don't get it folks. Granted Pilates isn't like spinning or running, where you really work up a sweat and would end up smearing your recently applied mascara across your face, but still. It's a work-out people! Make-up just doesn't belong there. You can imagine my raised eyebrow and subsequent eye roll/head shake combination.
Last night as I was watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" (such luck that I happened to be flipping channels and saw it!), I realized for the first time ever that Linus, that lovable little boy with the crazy hair and a blue blanket, is a self-proclaimed theologian. When trying to get some snotty little girl to play the innkeeper's wife in the Christmas story opposite Pig Pen's dusty innkeeper, Linus says that she should imagine that Pig Pen's dust is from ancient civiliziations, like Babylon where King Nebuchadnezzar ruled. Maybe I had always heard that line and never had anything to connect it to until my recent history lesson out of the book of Daniel. There's another point in the thirty minute show where Linus shows his biblical prowress. Very impressive for a kiddo.

3 Comments:
Amen, I'll say it again, Amen to the no make-up while you work out! So annoying.... And, yes, Linus has a great perspective, doesn't he? Love him! Blanket and all. :)
Ah the love of history, and Linus is our sage of historical knowledge. Even in some of the regular comic strips he makes great comments.
Dad
I agree, no makeup. Also no bra stuffing. I won't name any names :)
Post a Comment
<< Home