Monday, October 23, 2006

Unexpected happenings at work

This morning I, along with the rest of my colleagues, was informed that Lenora, the woman hired to be the Assistant Director of On-Campus Recruiting (OCR for those in the know), had resigned. Via email. And I'm the one with communication issues?

So it was a little unexpected because there was no indication that it was coming, although one of the career counselors said she wasn't surprised that it happened, but that it happened so quickly. I guess I felt the same way. Maybe after I found out at 6pm the day before the first day of interviews that she hadn't bothered to order tables and chairs for people to eat all her catered lunches at was the day that I knew she wasn't going to be a keeper. (Man, that was a terrible sentence!)

So anyway, we are again without an Assistant Director and none of us managers look forward to doing the work that person was supposed to be doing.

In other and happier news, I took a sick day today. No, I'm not happy that I'm sick; I'm just happy that I got to come home early, watch tv and observe some guy in a yellow duck suit power wash the paint off the building across the street that I could see from my reclining position on the sofa. All in all a fascinating way to spend the day. More fascinating than work at the moment. All we've been doing lately is printing resumes and stuffing folders with them.

OCR is not as crazy as everyone made it out to be. I have a lot to do and it takes a lot of time, but I'm getting it done and am only working 10 hour days! It'll get even more mundane as the number of interview schedules drops off. Yeah...that's my job at the moment. Who's envious?

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

I bet it beats some of those wacky good times we had at the firm which will not be named (hee hee) hope you feel better soon (and get a new whatsist at work soon too)
xox
Lisa

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I'm envious, your sooo over worked "not". but I'm soo "over" worked...somedays. All jobs have their downtime, After a year you will know better what this all entails. Yes, no job is always challenging, for some reason you have not yet learned that. No job is always on the edge except the President's, and then only if V-P Cheneny is out of town.
Vote in the next election.
Your Father

 

Post a Comment

<< Home