Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving recap

The day went well with only a minor mashed potato burning incident. Yes, I managed to burn the mashed potatoes! After pouring out the potatoes to drain, I dropped the butter into the pot and turned the heat on low to melt it. We added the potatoes back in and argued over whether to add more butter and more milk like Claudia wanted and I forgot to turn the heat off. So they sat on the heat for about a half hour. There was a nice thick crust of dark brown potato stuck to the big pot. That definitely need to soak for a while. I brined the turkey and it turned out well. I was afraid it would get to salty, but it wasn't.

Anyway, here are Kerstin, Babsi and I with the spread. We had to add in the extra leaf to the table so it was big enough to fit everything. The girls particularly enjoyed the green bean casserole and who can blame them? It's sooo good!

We also braved the weather earlier in the day and went to the parade. It started raining around 9:45 AM and that's when we gave up. Everyone had put up their umbrellas and we couldn't see anything anyway. But we did get to see good ol' Tom Turkey before the rain came...

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your meal went well. That sucks it rained, we didn't even get to watch the parade on t.v.

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

could anything be too salty for my little salt fiend? i know what to get you for christmas... does anyone know where one could buy a salt lick?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home