Winter escape
I spent the weekend of March 9 - 12 in West Palm Beach with Ronit, a good friend of mine who studied abroad with me in Austria and just happens to also live in NYC. My attitude had been stinky at work as of late and I knew I needed a bit of an escape to help put things right again, and Ro's parents' apartment in sunny Florida was just the ticket. About two weeks ago we finally decided to go (I was on board the whole time, but I had to convince her), bought the tickets and took off last Friday. It was my first flight ever from Newark Airport and getting there for the 7 AM flight required a 3:30 AM wake-up call and waiting for a bus on 42nd Street in 11 degree weather. The trip was worth it though!
The weather was phenomenal the entire time we were there, sticking to temperatures in the mid 80s. It also only rained once, which I guess is unusual for Florida. Ro and I spent our time on the beach relaxing. I used lots of sunscreen and an umbrella, which I don't normally do, and still managed to get a bit burnt. But as you know, I'm ok with that. :)
Every time I saw a television commercial for a restaurant in the two weeks leading up the trip, I mentally marked it down on my list of places for Ro and I to eat. Honestly, I don't eat out that often, which is a crying shame seeing as how I live in NYC and there are so many delicious places to try. Going on this trip not only gave me license to eat out every meal, but also to eat those meals at silly chain restaurants like IHOP. I highly recommend the Cinnamon Roll French Toast by the way. On Friday night we ate at the "Crazy Buffet", which was overflowing with sushi, sashimi, seafood and other yummies. I enjoyed the crab legs and the chocolate fountain, though not together.
I also got to hang out with my Uncle Brian, who's been living in Lake Worth for the last seven years. He lives within walking distance from the beach that Ro and I went to every day, which makes visiting Uncle Brian all the more appealing! He took me along to dinner at his friend Barbara's house. One of the other guests had brought the most delicious chocolate chip cookies!
A trip like this makes me wonder why it is that we have to be responsible and adult and have jobs? Wouldn't it be great if we could just lie on the beach all the time?


1 Comments:
amen to lying on the beach all day!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home