Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fireworks and Sister Sledge

I hope my sister doesn't mind that I put her baby on the web...

Yesterday was the May Festival in Prater, sponsored by the SPĂ– (Austrian Social Party). I went out in the afternoon with Gareth and Lauren, had some beers, laughed over karaoke singers and rode the giant swings. The festival's grand finale was a giant fireworks display, which was actually one of the best I've seen in a long time. Sister Sledge was also performing, which was really hilarious! It took me back to the Luther League trip to the Wisconsin Dells that one summer...someone had "We Are Family" on tape and we listened to that over and over again, singing right along with the gals. Good memories.

I am currently busy trying to work out a way to have a video interview with Columbia. This is going to be round two and will hopefully be a substitute for an in-person interview. If any of you know someone in Vienna with video conferencing capabilities, let me know! So far I've found a person willing to let me borrow their webcam and use Skype to do it, so I'm hoping that Columbia will be able to accomodate that. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I walked home through Schönbrunn today and realized that I am really going to miss German when I leave here in June. My return flight is in six weeks, which I find unbelievable! I'm going to have to find a way to keep hearing German on a regular basis because I don't think that I can stand to go without it anymore. Makes me think maybe I should do a higher degree in German, just for me. Or go into a career in translation or intrepretation. Or tutoring. :-)

1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Emm said...

Kari,
6 weeks eh? I am going to miss you by a week :(

Ya for Sister Sledge - I sung them all day after reading your post.
Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home