Monday, April 17, 2006

A dose of joy

I've just gotten back home after seeing Konrad and Co. play at Chelsea tonight. Konrad is a friend of mine from New York who is on a short European tour with Walter and Drew, who together make up The Silos. I have been so looking forward to seeing them...the last time I saw them play was in Salzburg last March. So tonight I beat them there and was waiting for Konrad when he came in the door. It was SOOOO good to see him and have that piece of New York right there in tangible form. My face got tired of smiling, which is the first time that has happened in a long, long time. As they played I could imagine that I was in New York, which brought such a sense of joy. This is definitely going in the "Book of Good Things", which I coincidentally started on March 7th, 2005, which was the day that Konrad played in Salzburg. I feel like I've come full circle without even knowing I was doing it. Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home