Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring has sprung

Complete with rain and sun and 65 degrees! Yesterday was a perfect spring day, where the sun was verging on hot and you could feel its dangerous effects on your skin. I would have taken a picture if my digital camera weren't broken. Yes, that's right--the digital camera I have had for three months is already broken! It was dropped a couple weeks ago for the first time and now the pictures are overexposed on one side and completely dark on the other side. *sigh* That'll be going back to Canon, to whom I certainly won't admit I dropped it.

I saw a strange play on Sunday night at one of the theaters in town. It is called "The Goat or Who is Sylvia" and is by Edward Albee, an American playwright. It's about a guy named Martin who has an affair with a goat. Yes, you read that correctly. The entire thing is played out in two scenes. In the first, Martin is being interviewed by a close friend regarding a big architectural project he's working on. Martin decides to tell Ross about the goat, which turns out to be a big mistake. In the second scene, Martin's wife Stevie gets a letter from Ross, spilling Martin's secret. Naturally, she goes bezerk, which results in 1.5 hours of hysterical fighting between the two, during which she destroys nearly everything in the apartment and kills the goat. The end.

It was certainly interesting...not bad in any way, but I'm not entirely sure what the point was. Maybe there is no point? The actress who played Stevie was very annoying--the character is apparently supposed to be high strung anyway, but as she pranced around the stage and cackled during the first act before the shit hit the fan, I wondered if she was supposed to be drunk. My diagnosis: an acute case of over-acting.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 AM, Blogger scottie said...

hehehe *sigh* you silly girl. you and your lust for skin-damaging solar radiation....

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Emm said...

Ya for Canon. I buy because I like their customer service (I seem to be hard on my equipment also ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home