Monday, March 13, 2006

Is it spring yet?

Oh where, oh where has the spring gone? This winter is just dragging out in Vienna...we are back down to temperatures below freezing and the forecast calls for snow and/or sleet several days this week. The soles of my snow boots are cracked and they leak, which means that the longer it snows and sleets and melts, the longer I run around with plastic baggies tied to my feet to prevent them from getting wet. I don't want to buy new ones because I don't want to carry them home. Besides, the spring/summer shoe collections are out already, meaning snow boots are few and far between. *sigh* I think it is depressing me, along with other things.

I had my first "fight" with my roommate tonight. It was about something silly, which she then overhead me telling a friend on the phone about, although I was in my room with the door closed (which is another reason why I wish me and everyone I knew spoke a remote language so I could avoid speaking the language everyone in the world can understand!). I'm certain she complained about me to her boyfriend on the phone minutes before I complained about her. At any rate, when I got off the phone, I was confronted with "What's your problem?" in her nastiest tone. I think we're squared away again after some explanations and an apology on my part. We managed to go nearly five months without any tensions escalating to a fight, so I guess we're doing better than most roommates do!

6 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was 85 degrees here yesterday, the cherry blossums are due out in a couple weeks and it will be back down to 40 degrees by friday. Yes!
Ken

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring reared it's ugly head for us in Kansas and Missouri over the weekend. Tornado warning after tornado warning was issued. Hail ranging from pea size to softball size rained down. About 60% of Kansas University buildings were damaged. The death toll stands at 10. Everyone around my city got nailed, my area got a small amount of rain and the sirens went off once because another area of the metro got hit. I'm certainly glad that it all steered clear of me. So it seems winter is over here but we're getting the brunt of Spring. Still I think I'd rather not go back to the snow, sleet and extreme cold. Austria has to warm up sometime right?

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm obviously a horrible speller, too

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Emm said...

Ya for bread sacks and boots....dosen't it take you back to your elementery days!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger dennis said...

did you have your fight in german or english? it seems german words would be good for a fight because they sound a bit harsher. of course, i don't speak german so i don't really know for sure.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie;
We don't have spring in Iowa either. I came back to cool (COLD) weather. At least we missed the snow. Love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home