Sunday, August 26, 2007

A $330 piece of plastic

My dental hygienist finally talked me into getting a mouth guard to protect what's left of my teeth. I've practically worn my poor teeth down to stumps, so it was really high time to shell out the $330 for the damn thing. My employee benefits at Columbia are generally good, but the dental and vision insurance options really suck. Anyway, I've got it now and it actually stays in my mouth! I've had the over-the-counter ones that you mould yourself that are the size of a football player's mouth guard, and I always spit them out within minutes of falling asleep. This one actually snaps when I put it on my teeth...it fits that tightly. It's perfect.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger scottie said...

it looks like my old retainers! i still have those, but i never wear them anymore. however, i recently went to the dentist in the first time in about two years. i asked about some gum recession, and they informed me it is actually called abfraction or something like that. so i need to get those mouth guards to keep me from grinding at night. i had an appointment, but then i switched jobs and was all paranoid about my insurance and had no money... well, now i have cobra, so i do have insurance, but i'm just not sure how much this will cost. maybe i should go ahead and reschedule the appointment, cost be dammed. too bad we're not canadian, british, french, or... well, the list goes on and on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home