Tuesday, November 01, 2005

nice helmet


I'm playing around with this today to see how to do more exciting things like pictures. Sadly, since I lack a digital camera, I won't be able to post many pictures until that magical day in December when my parents (pretty please!) will bestow on me the next major electronic gadget in my repetoire.

So anyway, this picture is about all I've got. My computer recently acquired a nasty virus and it had to be wiped and redone. During that process I lost some stuff because I either couldn't save it all on my USB drive or because the virus killed it. Who are these people that write virus code? I mean, seriously. Menaces to society.

I took in Pride & Prejudice last night at the English cinema here. Christopher (another assistant, also bound to play a starring role in this blog) gushed on and on about the quality of the screenplay and about the beauty of the language. I have to agree with him. I, however, was initially much more diverted by the preview for Harry Potter #4 which will be out on 16 November. Yeah Harry Potter!

Plans for the day include not working (Catholic holiday #1890745F) and going to the Cemetery of the Unnamed. Creepy huh? I read about it in a tourist guide and again in this book about Vienna in 1888-1889 that I just read. It's where they buried all the suicides and paupers. Someone ought to visit them on All Saints' Day. I find the Austrians' extreme dislike of Halloween quite interesting, given their crazy love of All Saints' and All Souls' days. No one knows how to care for a grave like the Austrians.

6 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Darling... I do like the picture. Yes, a digital camera will make your life little incomplete. Especially when all that cold weather hits. Nice blog. It's a cheerful. I will definitely check it out.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, complete is what I meant. You know I am still talking to my computer!

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! Is that where Mozart is buried? In the cemetery of the poor?

I didn't know you were back in Wien. Toll!

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kari!
You're going to Dublin! Can I come? I loved it there but it's been a super long seven years!
Take Care!
Love,
Killer

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger scottie said...

you should contact elle or vogue to see about using this photo for a cover!

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice hat. hehehe A camera? oh will the fun never end.
pops

 

Post a Comment

<< Home