Monday, October 31, 2005

Sonntägliche Spaziergänge mit...

Yesterday Rosalie (my Swiss roommate, who is most likely going to play a starring role in my Blog) and I embarked on part two of the "sonntägliche Spaziergänge mit Rosalie und Kari" (Sunday strolls with Rosalie and Kari). This time we headed off to Grinzing, which lies in the northwestern quadrant of the city, typically refered to as the 19th district. We trundled up there with the street car and stepped out into a completely different city, I swear. There we were, standing among quaint little colorful two-story houses and wineries that produce their wares there in the very hills of the 19th district. We walked up what the Viennese call a mountain (read massive hill) among villas with excellent views over the spires and rooftops of the city. The whole time it was raining colorful leaves and we kicked them around like little kids when we weren’t gaping open-mouthed at the houses or the perfect parallel rows of grape vines. Moments like those make me stop and think to myself, is this my life? Oh man, this is my life! I like those moments—they help me remember why I am here.

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

YAY Kari -
I olook forward to your updates
Cheers Lisa, Max & Konrad

unsolicited blog advice:
you might want to turn on word verification in your comments bc spammers can sometimes post in your comments box

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kari!!

it's great to hear from you again...i've been wondering what happening to you out there in good ole europa. keep sprinkling your posts with some deutsch. i haven't kept up with it at all!

btw...Lisa MAX & Konrad...baby makes 3??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home